CWC Darts discussion forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible premier league 2016 players?

3 posters

Go down

Possible premier league 2016 players? Empty Possible premier league 2016 players?

Post by howsoonisnow Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Thoughts on next years prem? I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't want to see the Thorn back in, as I believe his ability outweighs that of most the players currently not in at the moment. I also think he's good enough to not slide down to the level the Hammer is at at the moment, which is pretty mediocre compared to what he once was, a consistent performer in pretty much every tournament he played in. I also think brendan dolan has a shout as well, been playing well on the floor tournaments and has got himself up to a healthy place in the order of merit. Jenkins is also a name that will creep up, although I like the bull, i don't back him in big games enough. When he plays well it's almost like an exhibition as you know it's just not going to last.

howsoonisnow
Admin

https://180darts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Possible premier league 2016 players? Empty Re: Possible premier league 2016 players?

Post by UncleDarmish Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Aye pretty much agree with most of that, think realistic outsiders have to be pegged on Ian White, Dolan (don't know how I keep forgetting him) and the Thorn. As much as I want to see Jenkins in I reckon the other three are just playing better darts more frequently. But you never know, if Jenkins has a big win I can see them putting in over someone boring *cough* white * cough*

UncleDarmish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Possible premier league 2016 players? Empty Re: Possible premier league 2016 players?

Post by howsoonisnow Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:25 am

White should definitely be considered if he has a decent year, sitting 12th in the order of merit very solid player. Whitlock currently in 7th place can't see him holding that for much longer either, there's definitely going to be a place or two in the top ten up for grabs soon i feel. With the king sitting at 10th and having a good year last year he is a worthy contender, although he's already been in two years running a few years back that may affect the decision to allow him in., although he finished in a decent position both times.

howsoonisnow
Admin

https://180darts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycap Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 am

Michael Smith would be a good addition to the Premier League providing he shows a more positive attitude this year and doesn't throw so many darts away when things aren't going so well. He's up to 20 in the world now and has the potential to be top 10 in the next few years similar player to Kim Huybrechts and Stephen Bunting at the minute I think.

I rate Dolan but I think he'll struggle more than he should to get in because of how slow he is. Whilst it shouldn't matter, I think it will make a difference when it comes to deciding who makes it in as generally people find quicker players more entertaining to watch and the wildcards are all about fan favourites/entertainers. I would like to see Thorn back in too but he needs to make a few quarters/semis this year otherwise he could drop out of the top 10 quite quickly along with Whitlock. Jenkins/King/Smith/Van Der Voort seem some of the more likely types to get into it next year for me but of them Smith would be my choice at this stage.

Jimmycap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum